The Joint Admission Matriculation Board has mentioned the College of Ilorin, College of Lagos, Akoka and College of Benin, are the primary three establishments that had the very best numbers of being picked as first alternative universities in Nigeria.
This was recorded within the 2021 coverage doc made obtainable to The PUNCH and signed by the JAMB’s registrar, Prof. Is-haq Oloyede.
- UNILORIN which was the primary had 78,466 functions,
- UNILAG had 59,190,
- College of Benin, 49,763;
- College of Nigeria, Nsukka, 47,239;
- Federal College, Oye-Ekiti, 45,920;
- Ahmadu Bello College, Zaria, 44,509;
- Bayero College, 44,352;
- Nnamdi Azikiwe College, 43542;
- Obafemi Awolowo College, 42, 614 and
- College of Jos, 38,309.
Moreover, the report additionally mentioned the 2021 UTME cumulative efficiency statistics revealed that out of the entire 1,312,992 candidates who wrote UTME in 2021,
- 168,613 scored 200 and above,
- 236,936 scored 190 above,
- 327,624 scored 180,
- 445,597 scored 170 above,
- 5995,015 scored 160 above,
- 772,463 scored 150 above,
- 964,098 scored 140 above and
- 1,134,854 scored 130 and above.
- It added that 66,811 scored under 120 and 1,245,449 scored 120 and above
As a part of efforts to make enquiries simple for candidates, JAMB mentioned the candidates not wanted to journey to JAMB places of work to entry sure providers.
“The board makes use of the ‘ticketing system’ the place a candidate or anyone needing the board’s providers can ship their grievance(s). Responses are given inside 24 hours. It has a monitoring quantity that’s issued as soon as a ticket is raised. If not attended to, the quantity can be utilized as proof to trace the officer scheduled who could be sanctioned. The system is designed to get rid of any stress related to accessing the board’s providers,” it learn partly.